Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Covering My Head as a Christian Woman

1 Corinthians 11:5 "But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoreth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven."
1 Corinthians 11: 13 "Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered?"
1 Thessalonians 5:17 "Pray without ceasing."
Hi there! Welcome back! 
Just wanted to share a bit with you about my current challenge. Knowing that I must follow scripture, not because any person is making me, but because I must be obedient to Him, and that I pray off and on all day, I must cover my head. 
All this is well and good, but 'how' do I cover my head?
In researching this important decision, I went to the Internet and found many really good YouTube videos. Here are a few: 

 These are but a few of the many videos available. I spent a good six hours watching videos from a variety of sources before I made my decision to cover full-time. I would recommend you watch these and any others, then pray. Let Him lead you to how He wants you to cover. Do not make your decision based on the world. Do not make your decision based on what others at your church are doing. Base it on His leading in your life. 
I am still trying a variety of head coverings. Ultimately, I would like to cove the way the Pakistani women do. These coverings are beautiful, lightweight and modest. Also, they are not tight around the neck, which is an issue for me. 
But, I am still working my way toward that goal. 
I will begin to post pic of me in my head coverings with a note as to my satisfaction level with each. 

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Why, Thank You, Ashley!!! I began to cover months ago, but took my time in writing this as I had to get through some of my struggles with obedience first.

      Delete
  2. I will be honest - I have never thought of covering. Thank you for your strength and insight as you walk out your faith! Thank you for linking up with Thrive @ Home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Audra, this walk has not been an easy one, but I am sticking with it. Some days I do better than others. I can see where I'm headed~ the covering He has put on my heart to wear, but am still a long way from that point.
    I struggle a lot with patience~ being patient with Him and with myself. Over time I pray I become more obedient.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! What are you doing to show you care?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...