Friday, April 11, 2014

1 Corinthians 11: 6


Hello and welcome back! As I continue my quest to be found pleasing and obedient to God above all others, I find myself back at 1 Corinthians 11:6. This time I am reading from and referring to 'The Companion Bible, The Authorized Version of 1611'. This Bible was a recent gift from a friend and is greatly appreciated as it has amazing study helps and in depth explanations I was missing.
Well, this Bible states that verse three (3) refers to married women and men (wife and husband). However, verses six (6) and thirteen (13) refer to all women. And the covering these verses describe is not a woman's hair, but an actual veil. As worn in Biblical times, a headcovering was a cloth worn over the head/ hair (as muslim women wear) and could easily be pulled forward or wrapped over the face to fully cover the woman's glory and be humbled before God.
I find it so amazing, the more I study the Bible, how far we all have strayed from what He's really asking of us!
How do you cover?

Sent from my Cricket mobile device

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! What are you doing to show you care?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...