Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Growing Potatoes Indoors


As an experiment, about two (2) weeks ago, I cut a grocery store potato in fourths and put it in a large pot filled 1/4 full of compost and dirt. Then I watered it and stuck it out of the way in a dark corner of the family room. And, yes, I forgot it!
Well today, being on crazy cleaning mode, I was sweeping under the wood rack and stove and noticed my poor abandoned pot. In peeking in I was pleasantly surprised by potato vines of 4-6 inches peeking back at me!! Wow! I never expected such quick results.
Next I watered slightly then put compost and a bit of dirt on top of the vines and gave a thorough drink. The pot is tucked back in it's corner perched firmly atop my little wood rack.
I am so excited and plan to start another pot of potatoes soon. I'm thinking , if I start a pot every two (2) weeks, we will be able to have fresh, home grown potatoes year-round!
What are you doing at your house to grow produce indoors?
Any success?

Sent from my Cricket mobile device

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! What are you doing to show you care?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...