Monday, December 15, 2014

Genesis 34 vs "The Red Tent"

Hello there! Welcome back!
As I was reading my Bible tonight I decided to look up more information on Dinah, the daughter of Leah and Jacob. First I looked in "Every Woman in the Bible", by Sue and Larry Richards, where it states that Shechem raped Dinah and that Dinah "went out to see the daughters of the land.", not that she was there to assist Rachel as a midwife's assistant. Ok, so we all know the maker of this particular show is known for rewriting the Bible to suit the TV screen, so this was to be somewhat expected.
So, my next move was to go back into my KJV Bible where the rewrite of the Bible was confirmed. (Sad as Christians are supposed to know better than that, but we ALL do fall short of the glory of God)
In reading my Bible I see that Shechem "lay with her, and defiled her". . It does not say specifically that Dinah was raped, nor that she went willingly. And nothing is said about Dinah leaving to live on her own.
It's a shame these amazing Bible stories can't be told accurately!!
Sent from my T-Mobile Android device

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! What are you doing to show you care?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...