Tuesday, January 13, 2015

59% Savings at CVS!!!

Hey, welcome back to my extreme coupon extravaganza!!
And you may ask, did I really need more coffee? And my immediate response is that you can never have too much back-up coffee!! But, in reality, I was trapped in a bizarre coffee nightmare.
This us what happened, and I must say I can't believe I did this. First I found a bag of coffee beans at Power Connection and thought I'd struck gold . . . I totally failed to read beyond the word "coffee" to see the word "decaffeinated". I do not drink decaffeinated beverages because of the decaffeinating process and the chemicals used, so, had I bothered to read further, I would have left that yummy smelling bag of poison for someone else to treasure!
I drank six (6) cups of that amazingly delicious poison every day for three days, all the time wondering why I was lethargic. Finally, I happened to be the one to set up my morning coffee (I'm spoiled by Matt whom loves to set up my coffee and really loves grinding coffee beans) and I read the bag (habitual reading addiction).
Ooooo, Gross!!! I'd been guzzling down toxic yummies for three (3) days!!!!!
An easy remedy was to buy different coffee. I did at Menards, but the vanilla flavor was too strong (yes, I have issues). I was so excited when I saw that CVS had Gevalia coffee on sale for $4.99, a $4.80 savings. Sweet, huh?!!! Then I dug through my new coupons and found one for $1.00 off one bag of Gevalia coffee. WooHoo!!!
I must admit this was strictly a sale price stacked with a manufacturer coupon. I do think that, considering the fact that I am almost completely starting over from virtually no coupons, I'm doing pretty well.
What do you think?
Do you have any good coupon stacking stories you'd like to share??
Sent from my T-Mobile Android device

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! What are you doing to show you care?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...