Monday, May 4, 2015

My Headcovering Journey, part 9

Good morning, all!! Glad you stopped by and sure hope your day is blessed!!!
Today I am experimenting with the bandana headcovering again. About a week ago I found bright, pretty bandanas at Five Below and snapped up three (3) hoping these happy colors would help revive my desire to please the Lord by covering my hair.
I find myself in prayer much of the day and realize my head must be covered for my prayers to be heard/answered. As I pray uncovered I ponder my weakness and marvel at His patience as I make this journey. My progress is so slow, and sometimes so intermittent, I am amazed He hasn't (figuratively) smacked me upside the head and said, "girl, just do what I've asked so more blessings come!!!"
This morning I was so excited to wear this bandana  . . . until I looked at the first photo of me wearing it. Yes, I could really see apprehension in my face for how I will be received. Also, I'm not sure this is the headcovering I want to wear  . . . but, for while at work and possibly cleaning, bandanas will have to do.
Eventually I would like to find cotton scarves sized to tie a tichel (go to wrapunzel.com to see beautify tichels and how-to) as those are pretty!! But, whatever I wear for work needs to be cotton, thus breathable and washable . . .

And so my headcovering journey continues  . . . I may fiddle with this bandana and will post updates if I find a better way to tie/wear it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! What are you doing to show you care?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...